AIBS Annual Meeting Scheduled for May
March 1, 2006
"Biodiversity: The Interplay of Science, Valuation, and Policy" is the theme of the 2006 AIBS annual meeting, to be held 24–25 May 2006. Plenary speakers and discussion groups will approach that topic from several interwoven perspectives.
The following distinguished scholars are scheduled to speak at the meeting:
- Stephen Bocking, Environmental and Resource Studies Program, Trent University, Canada
- Jamie Rappaport Clark, Defenders of Wildlife
- Daniel Esty, Law School and School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, Yale University
- Shahid Naeem, Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Environmental Biology, Columbia University
- Richard B. Norgaard, Energy and Resources Group, University of California, Berkeley
- Stephen Polasky, Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior, University of Minnesota
Panels and discussion groups will be held throughout the day on 25 May, led by plenary speakers, invited guests, and AIBS board and committee members and staff. In addition, the annual meeting will be preceded on 23–24 May by an AIBS business meeting for the general membership, combined with a meeting of the AIBS Council of member societies and organizations, to discuss AIBS activities, plans, and priorities.
The early registration fee for individual AIBS members is $100; for nonmembers, $150 (which includes membership in AIBS and a subscription to BioScience for one year); for government employees, $90; for educators, $80; for students, $75.
Register now! Early registration ends 2 May, and attendance is limited to 200.