AIBS authorizes photocopying and electronic reproduction of material in BioScience (ISSN 0006-3568) for academic and commercial use provided the appropriate fee is paid to the Copyright Clearance Center. If you are an author published in BioScience, please read your special permissions here. Otherwise, please see below for details.
If the content you wish to use was published in 1999 or later, please go to http://www.jstor.org/action/showPublication?journalCode=bioscience, locate the resource you wish to re-use, and click on Request Reprints & Permissions link in the box to the right of the page titled "Rights and Permissions." You will be connected to the Copyright Clearance Center automatically.
If the content you wish to use was published before 1999, please follow the instructions below.
1. Go to www.copyright.com.
2. Enter BioScience's ISSN of 0006-3568 in the box at the upper right of the screen.
3. Select "permission options."
4. Select "Price & Order" for the type of permission you are seeking.
5. Complete the online forms and payment processing.
6. Copyright Clearance Center provides permissions but not the copyrighted content itself. If you require the electronic media for which you have purchased permission, please see the directions below.
Use of the Copyright Clearance Center will provide the fastest response. If your request cannot be processed there, then please write to:
Subsidiary Rights Assistant
University of California Press
2120 Berkeley Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
After the permission fee has been paid to the Copyright Clearance Center, electronic files may be obtained from AIBS in PDF format in one of the following ways: