What We Do
- Collaborate with scientific societies, research institutions, and coalitions--including AIBS member societies--to work with Congress, the White House, and federal agencies to improve science policy.
- Review and analyze federal legislation and regulatory notices, provide information to policymakers, and advocate for responsible science policy.
- Alert our members to important issues and help them contact lawmakers via the AIBS Legislative Action Center.
- Publish the bi-weekly AIBS Public Policy Report and the Washington Watch column in BioScience.
- Facilitate participation of scientists with lawmakers in Washington, DC through BESC's Congressional Visits Day, and around the nation through the Biological Sciences Congressional District Visits event.
- Help our member societies reach their policy goals and support scientists' engagement in the public policy process through congressional briefings and meetings, and informational tools such as the AIBS/NCSE State Evolution List Serve Network.
- Produce the weekly AIBS Federal Register Resource, which reports proposed federal rules and regulations that related to biological research and science education.
- Provide press relations assistance on a fee-for-service basis to AIBS members. Contact Dr. Robert Gropp at rgr...@aibs.org for more information.
- Provide communications and policy training to scientists.