Vote! AIBS Elections Underway!
At the end of 1998, the positions of President-Elect, two Board Members from Council, two Board Members-At-Large, and two Council Members-At-Large will become vacant as per the standard AIBS rotation cycle. The 12-member Board of Directors is the governing body of AIBS; the Council is the advisory body to the Board, composed of a representative from each AIBS member society and organization (currently numbering 52) as well as four members elected by the AIBS membership-at-large. The candidates for the vacant positions are listed below; all positions are contested. Successful candidates begin their terms on 1 January 1999. The President-Elect serves one year and automatically succeeds to one-year terms as President and Immediate Past-President. Council Members-At-Large and Board Members serve three-year terms.
Ballots were mailed in early September to all AIBS individual and Council members. Votes must be cast with the official ballot, and returned ballots must be postmarked by October 23rd.
President-Elect (vote for one)
- Alan P. Covich, Colorado State University
- W. Franklin Harris, University of Tennessee
Board Member from Council (vote for two)
- Gaylen Bradley, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute
- Marjorie Hoy, University of Florida
- Mary McKenna, Howard University
Board Member-at-Large (vote for two)
- Vicki A. Funk, National Museum of Natural History
- Kent E. Holsinger, University of Connecticut
- David Pimentel, Cornell University
Council Member-at-Large (vote for two)
- Elaine Davis, Bowie State University
- Marc Mangel, University of California?Santa Cruz
- J. Michael Scott, BRD, USGS, University of Idaho
Read More Announcements