BioScience provides peer-reviewed synthetic overviews of current biological research, together with departments about biology education, history, and the profession generally. It is strong in environmental science and integrative biology.
- Publishes occasional special sections that provide an in-depth look at an important biological topic
- Includes illustrated feature articles written by professional science writers
- Features regular columns on public policy and education
- Carries Viewpoint articles by opinion leaders in every issue
- Is listed with a 2018 impact factor of 6.591 by Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports, ranked number 7 out of 85 journals in the Biology category.
- Is available in print and online as XML or PDF files
Members can access the journal by logging into our membership portal. Non Members can access the journal by visiting our publishers website.
BioScience Talks Podcast
In June 2015, AIBS was pleased to announce the launch of BioScience Talks, a monthly podcast that features in-depth discussions of recently published BioScience articles. Each episode of the interview series will delve into the research underlying a highlighted article, providing the listener with unique insight into the author's work. The interviews are hosted by James Verdier, Senior Editor of BioScience magazine. Click here to listen.
Join AIBS events online or in person to address publication topics and additional topics focusing on biology, such as education, careers and peer review. To see a full list of events, please visit our events page.
Every summer, AIBS Publication Office offers the following professional development course(s):