The Faces of Biology Contest
Biological research is transforming our society and the world. Help the public and policymakers to better understand the breadth of biology by entering our Faces of Biology photo contest.
About the Contest
The theme of the contest is "Faces of Biology." Photographs entered into the contest must depict a person, such as a scientist, researcher, collections curator, technician, or student, engaging in biological research. The depicted research may occur outside, in a lab, with a natural history collection, on a computer, in a classroom, or elsewhere. Help communicate science through imagery.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how science is being conducted. You are invited to share how you are conducting your research in these unusual times.
In addition to our own support, the 2022 contest is graciously sponsored by:
The First, Second and Third Place Winners will:
- have their photos printed inside BioScience,
- receive a one year subscription to BioScience, and
- receive the AIBS Member Society or Organization (MSO) discounted rate for one professional development workshop registration within 365 days of the announcement for the winning photos.
The First Place Winner will also have their photo featured on the cover of BioScience and will receive $250.
The contest ends on September 30, 2022 and is open to any legal resident of the United States who is at least 18 years of age. Please review the photo contest rules, which includes guidance on photo quality, for example:
- Apply the Rule of Thirds when composing your photograph.
- Use Symmetry to produce a well-balanced photograph.
- Fill the Frame to improve the composition of your photograph.