The AIBS Public Policy Office 2011 Annual Report is now online. Learn about our activities and accomplishments last year and find out how you can participate in the future.
A few key accomplishments from 2011:
- Helped to secure $173 million in new funding for the National Science Foundation.
- Defended peer review and social science research from political attacks.
- Influenced the development of sound scientific integrity policies at the National Science Foundation, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and Environmental Protection Agency.
- Organized a petition signed by 2,900 students on the importance of federal investments in scientific research and education programs.
- Helped secure the right of federal scientists to fully participate in scientific professional societies.
To download the report, visit http://www.aibs.org/public-policy/resources/PPOAnnualReport_2011.pdf.
back to Public Policy Reports