Nominations are sought for experts to serve as advisors to the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES). The U.S. government and other nations are collecting the names of scientists who could serve on expert panels. The Ecological Society of America, a member of AIBS, is soliciting names and will forward its nominations to the U.S. government.
Nominations are sought in the following areas:
- Pollination and food production;
- Production and integration of assessments;
- Scenario analysis and modeling of biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Methods for valuing biodiversity and nature’s benefits to people; and
- A catalog of policy support tools and methodologies.
IPBES is a global program intended to strengthen the role of science in decision-making related to the conservation and sustainable management of biodiversity and ecosystem services.
The deadline to apply to ESA is 14 February 2014. Learn more at http://www.esa.org/esa/?page_id=10615.
back to Public Policy Reports