AIBS members are part of a community of individuals and organizations sharing knowledge and resources to advance research and education in the biological sciences. There are many ways you can support these efforts, membership is a great way to get started.
, membership is open to professional biologists, students, educators, and people who just love biology. With your membership you will:
participate in advocacy opportunities and grassroots campaigns that serve the field in public policy, education, and public understanding of science.
- opportunities to shape the future of science by participating in meetings and informing decision-makers.
- receive access to BioScience online (or receive a print subscription with print surcharge of $40).
- receive discounts on AIBS events and workshops.
- have access to favorable group pricing, specialized coverage, and association discounts on insurance protection offered through the Trust for Insuring Educators (TIE). Plans include:
Professional liability Insurance plans
- GEICO auto, motorcycle, homeowners and renters insurance
- Term life, accident and disability plans from New York Life
- ACA compliant health plans; dental, cancer and long-term care insurance
The following are our membership categories and rates for individuals:
*Proof of registration will be required.
||Membership will include |
BioScience in print and online
|Membership will include|
BioScience online only
Student: K to Postdoc*||$65/yr||$30/yr|
Lifetime||$2,000 one-time payment||$1,400 one-time payment|
Member organizations work with AIBS to advance the field and profession of biology and bringing its discoveries to a broad audience. Over 150 organizations and institutions are members of AIBS, collectively working to advance the field and profession of biology and bringing its discoveries to a broad audience. We invite your organization to become a part of our community.
Interested in who is already a member of AIBS. View directory of AIBS member organizations online.
AIBS partners with member organizations to advance the field and profession of biology. Here are some examples:
Scholarly Societies/Professional Associations
- Academic Institutions/Departments
- Museums and Science Collections
- Other Organizations
Membership dues tiers are as follows:
|Member-based organizations use head count of full dues paying members:||Non-member based organizations based on annual budget:||AIBS dues level:|
Small||< 1,000 individuals||< $1 million||$200|
Medium||1,000-4,999 individuals||$1 million - $3 million||$350|
Large||> 4,999 individuals||> $3 million||$500